I haven't seen Carolina Wrens in my yard since early winter and think the two that were regular visitors must have died.  I did hear one a block over a few days ago, the first I've heard in the neighborhood for many months.

_____________________
Sherry McCowan
Saint Louis, Missouri

On Jun 11, 2011, at 9:09 PM, mariel stephenson wrote:

I have the usual number of Carolina Wrens - a breeding pair and three fledglings that all made it to adulthood.  A second nest was established but got raided by something.  The pair seem to be looking to start again somewhere safer.  I know there is a breeding pair down the hill at the neighbors also so my numbers are the same as last year. - Mariel

Mariel Stephenson
Columbia, Mo
573 442 1725
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Jane C Allen
To: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: Carolina Wrens - Updated Statistics

I have two carolina wrens in and about my yard (that I've for sure seen together). That's been since the onset of winter.  So I'm in the average. I have not found a nest anywhere in or around a structure in my yard.  So if they're getting protection from the elements, it was not on my property.  I have not seen any feeding behavior, nor mating for that matter (guess they can be quiet sometimes... ha).
  And yes they wake me up many mornings and are around at dusk as well.
Jane Allen
 St. Louis County