  From: Jane C Allen
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:33 PM
  Subject: Re: Carolina Wrens - Updated Statistics

  I have two carolina wrens in and about my yard (that I've for sure seen together). That's been since the onset of winter.  So I'm in the average. I have not found a nest anywhere in or around a structure in my yard.  So if they're getting protection from the elements, it was not on my property.  I have not seen any feeding behavior, nor mating for that matter (guess they can be quiet sometimes... ha).
    And yes they wake me up many mornings and are around at dusk as well.
  Jane Allen
   St. Louis County