Join other Missouri birders exploring under-birded areas in the
northeast part of the state, near Kirksville, from Thursday afternoon
June 23, Friday the 24th, and Saturday morning the 25th, for all or
any part of that time.

Take advantage of this semi-imprompu opportunity to observe
Missouri's breeding birds in wonderful places you may not have
visited before and help ASM meet commitments to the Missouri
Department of Conservation  and Department of Natural Resources by
contributing to the CACHE/SPARKS data base.  (If you don't want to
use the internet, others will do it for you.) You are welcome whether
you are an accomplished birder or a beginner, an ASM member or not.
Expect surprises!

Areas of focus are likely to include:

Big Creek CA, Adair Co.
Sugar Creek CA, Adair Co.
Rebel's Cove CA, Putnam & Schuyler cos.
Union Ridge CA, Adair, Sullivan and Putnam cos.
Atlanta CA, Macon Co.
Hunnewell Lake CA, Shelby Co.
Thomas Hill Reservoir CA, Macon & Randolph Cos.
Long Branch SP, Macon Co.
Thousand Hills SP, Adair Co.

Each birder will make his/her own lodging arrangements.  We suggest
the reasonably priced Super 8 Motel in Kirksville but you may wish to
drive from home, stay at other motels,  pitch a tent or rent a cabin
at Thousand Hills State Park.

Please let us know if you expect to attend so we can send more
explicit information a few days before the 23rd.  Feel free to ask
questions.

Edge Wade
ASM Conservation Partnership Coordinator
573-445-6697

June Newman
660-542-0873

Super 8 Motel