I went down to the refuge yesterday to check for Shorebirds again. Like I suspected though there was too much water and only shorebirds I found were a very few Killdeer. There were a couple dozen Black Terns flying around over Swan Lake Pool. Hopefully there will be good shorebird habitat later in the Summer when the birds start moving back South.
 I did find lots of newly emerging Cicadas on the area, and more on a private area in SE Livingston Co. They were only making some low buzzing at that point.

 Later,
 Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.