I left home a little after 8am and headed out to the Emerald View Sod Farm.  As expected no Upland Sandpiper.

From there I ran down Bluff Rd. to Randolph County.  Within ten minutes I had a Black Vulture.

Next up was theEared Grebe at Stringtown Rd @ Regtown Rd.  No grebe, but did get Black-necked Stilt

Took Stringtown Rd. all the way back to Bluff Rd, heading for Outlet Rd.  Much to my delight there was a very cooperative American Avocet feeding next to the road.

On Outlet Rd I was able to see the White-faced Ibises.

Ran into (not literally) David Becher and Loy Barber.  They put me on a Black-bellied Plover along Levee Rd just south of Mitchie Rd.

Started the day with six target birds - got four of them.  The plover was a bonus.

Archie Keiper
Columbia, Monroe County, IL