Birded a very warm and steamy Cooley Lake this morning for about 2 hours.
All the rain has done away with the mudflats and so the shorebirds have left
the area.  Did see a nice immature Bald Eagle hunting the lakes and 5 Caspian
Terns fishing.  Cuckoos were working the willows on the road to the first
parking lot.  Didn't get a look at all of them, but the few I got my bins on were
Yellow-Billed.  Spent some time there and then went across 210 to the other
Cooley Lake CA portion and heard lots of good birds and saw the Missouri River
lapping just a few feet below the parking lot.

On my way out I was treated to a Bobcat (Lifer for Missouri) crossing the road
about 200 yds south of the railroad track.

Sounds like most of the shorebird habitat has been flooded around here.

If anyone knows of some good shorebird spots I will be out in Central Missouri
tomorrow and would love to see some Whimbrels, etc.

Location:     Cooley Lake CA
Observation date:     5/29/11
Notes:     The Bald Eagle was an Immature fishing the 3 lakes at Cooley Lake.
Number of species:     32

Canada Goose     5
Mallard     1
Northern Shoveler     2