Walked the Devil's Icebox boardwalk with my husband today and was
rewarded with wonderful views of a Scarlet Tanager (my first!) and 2
Wood Thrushes at their nest.  Also an Olive Sided Flycatcher.  Then
headed to the Grasslands Trail.  We were excited to hear Bobwhite
calling.  Not real birdy at either place, but the ones we saw were
nice.  Cicadas were clearly there but not creating much of a
disturbance.  Decibel levels weren't too high.  I didn't feel like I
couldn't hear the birds, at least.  Full report on Sparks later.

Lottie Bushmann
Columbia, MO

ASM Fall Meeting, September 23 - 25, 2011 at Camp Clover Point, Lake of the Ozarks State Park, http://mobirds.org/Meetings/