After the rain passed through this morning, I walked the trail at Jerry Smith Park to work on birding by ear. Indigo Buntings and Dickcissels were in abundance, to the point at times of drowning out the sound of the other birds. Some good birds heard and also seen were Yellow-billed Cuckoos (at least 3), Summer Tanagers (3 all males), Willow Flycatcher (1), Eastern Towhee (1), and Yellow-brested Chat (2). All together for a walk of about 1 hour, I had a total of 23 species. A beautiful day for birding.

Paul Habiger
Kansas City, Missouri

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/