After the rain passed through this morning, I walked the trail at Jerry Smith
Park to work on birding by ear. Indigo Buntings and Dickcissels were in
abundance, to the point at times of drowning out the sound of the other birds.
Some good birds heard and also seen were Yellow-billed Cuckoos (at least 3),
Summer Tanagers (3 all males), Willow Flycatcher (1), Eastern Towhee (1), and
Yellow-brested Chat (2). All together for a walk of about 1 hour, I had a total
of 23 species. A beautiful day for birding.

 Paul Habiger
Kansas City, Missouri

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/