People with hearing problems are unlikely to know by ear that a Blackburnian is near.  Heads up!  Watch those treetops carefully.  The good news is that male Blackburnians are brightly colored.  Called the Candle Bird in Spanish (because of the color on the throat), this is the bird that ignited the flame of birding in Phoebe Snetsinger.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO