Today was not very birdy at Rock Bridge SP, best find was a very probable ovenbird. On Friday a nice sighting was a wood thrush,
who was also heard.  The last few days at Binder Lake produced Kentucky warbler (heard), redstart, blue-headed vireo, prothonotary (heard), palm, and a great look at a magnolia. I found Binder markedly less birdy this year than last. Notable misses were the Wilson's,
yellow, and blackpoll warblers. The only flocks I found were yellow-rumped.  Did anyone have the same experience this year with their favorite spot? Did the weather affect birding?

Jane Frazier
Jefferson City