Error during command authentication.

On May 15, 2011, at 10:44 PM, Dianne & Steve Kinder wrote:

One of most notable is only 5 Carolina Wrens tallied!

Hmmm,  I'm beginning to wonder.  Remember that discussion we had earlier in the year musing about the effects of this winter on the Carolina Wren population?

I think we led ourselves to believe that it might not have been as bas as we thought it might have been, based on the birds we see at our homes.

In light of recent reports like Steve's, and my own experiences yesterday and in recent outings, perhaps we were misled by the population we subsidize; that is, those Carolina Wrens we supply with food, water and even shelter at our homes.  The ones fully on their own may not have fared so well, after all. A look at data entries for CACHE & SPARKS and eBird for 2010 and 2011 may be revealing.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO