Hi all,
I'll put in my $.02.

To me, eBird is the future of bird listing.  Not only does it keep an accurate list of all of the  birds on your lifelist, but it provides an easy way to break your lists down into nations, states, counties, yards, or any other place you wish.

Not only can I access my own personal information, I have set up an account to record all GOAS sightings, too.  This will be invaluable to the club in the future.

All the data is secure online, so that it is stored securely when your computer crashes or you simply need a new machine.  You can access your personal data from anywhere there is a computer, iPod, or smart phone.

It is totally free.

You can receive daily rarity alerts from anywhere.

And best of all to me, it provides for an extensive database that no doubt will guide avian conservation biology into the future.  With eBird, you can access migration dates, populations, and dynamic seasonal geographic ranges for every species. And you can determine where that rarity you've been searching for is likely to be found.

There is no doubt much more that eBird can do and will be able to do in the future.   I highly recommend it for every birder.

Thanks for the invitation to talk about my favorite bird listing program.

Good birding,
Greg Swick, GOAS Bird Recorder