I have not uploaded older data but it can be done. Check out this page on eBird for more info:

 http://ebird.org/content/ebird/about/using-the-ebird-data-import-tool

Scott Laurent

On May 7, 2011, at 9:40 AM, John Besser <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sounds promising, but my main concern is not to  lose my MANY years of saved records.

Has anyone had experience importing observations from an Avisys database into eBirds?

John Besser
Columbia