This morning I headed out for my third attempt to locate a bittern at the Garth Nature Area section of the Bear Creek Trail in Missouri.   Quickly got distracted by warblers.  All of the following were located at or just west of the bridge over the creek:

Nashville

Magnolia

Palm

Yellow

Parula

RC Kinglet

Louisiana Waterthrush

Thought I heard a Least Flycatcher but he only called once, and I could not locate him.   Also had Warbling, Red-eye and White-eyed Vireos.  But, alas, no bittern.

Headed to the golf course and was pleased to see the arrival of Eastern Kingbirds to our course and Chimney Swifts to our roof.   Heard Nashville Warblers in several locations.   And three mockingbirds playing tricks with my ears.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO