Due to illness to the leader, the St. Louis Audubon driving tour/birding trip through Lincoln County, MO scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday, 4/16, has been canceled.  We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause anyone.

Please join our birding trip to Castlewood State Park tomorrow at 8 am led by Bernie Favara and Mike Brady.  The trip notice is repeated below.

Pat Lueders, Trip Coordinator

St. Louis Audubon is sponsoring a birding trip to Castlewood State Park in West St. Louis County at 8:00 am on Saturday, April 16th.

Where to meet:  First parking lot after the Park Office on the right as you enter the park.

Plan for this half day trip:  We will walk a long loop around the park covering several types of habitat.  We'll start along the south side of Kiefer Creek, climb the switchback trail up to the top of the bluff overlooking the Meramec River, make our way down the stairs to the River Trail, and follow that all the way back to the rail overpass.

What bring:  Comfortable hiking shoes, plenty of water, and snacks if you want them.  The weather is expected to turn cold and rainy, so dress appropriately.

Bernie Favara, Trip Leader

St. Louis County