I echo Steve's regret at the date chosen for this event.

Clearly, the birding community needs to communicate more clearly, especially when different elements draw up calendars.

Perhaps we could have a feature on the ASM web page that is a CALENDAR of BIRDING-RELATED EVENTS.  As each group schedules an event (Migration Day, ASM Spring Meeting, Audubon Missouri trip, Christmas Bird Count, Day with Wildlife, Wings over Weston, Audubon Chapter Field Trips, etc., these events could be placed on the calendar.

Groups or individuals working to schedule an event or a field trip could easily check this resource before setting a date.  Some conflicts are inevitable, especially with the frantic activity of Spring, but some major overlaps could and should be avoided.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO