As Ryan informed everyone - Tim Jones photographed a BURROWING OWL this evening
in Dunklin County after learning from his brother of "an owl in the area the
last 3 or 4 days"....

Here are directions from Tim:

The bird was seen at the exact junction of County Road 622 and County Road 613.
Please note that due to all the rain we have had, County Road 613 is impassable
and County Road 622 is pretty muddy.  Cars can make it down County Road 622 but
be aware of the conditions (especially if we get more rain tonight and tomorrow
as expected).

Also, as I was taking pictures, there was a man on a backhoe at this exact
location.  That's the reason the Owl was out in the middle of the field, instead
of on the road.  The man was not working there when I left.  But if he does, the
owl might not come back.

This appears to be the potential 2nd Burrowing Owl record for southeast
Missouri.  Here are the other Missouri records for those interested:
http://www.showme-birds.com/index_files/Page972.htm  Does not include this
year's bird from Greene County, nor last spring's bird from Prairie SP (but,
will soon).

Josh

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO