I am down in Paddy Creek Campgrounds looking for migrants and wildflowers this afternoon, wildflowers everywhere but not one migrant heard this afternoon down in Patty Creek not even a red-eyed Vireo but to my surprise I did come across a Winter Wren, what a treat. Once up on the ridge and out of the cold valley migrants were singing.

Dogwood everywhere and still in bloom, May apples have little apples, Redbud is no longer red and the beautiful flowers have all disappeared from Blood root. Some wildflower I did locate this afternoon include False garlic, Dutchmans britches, rose verbena, Johnny Jump-up, Bluebells, Columbine, Indian Paintbrush, Buttercup, Hoary Puccoon, Yellow star grass, Wild Ginger, Hens and roosters, Blue phlox, wild strawberry and Pawpaw. Spring in the Ozarks I love it.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO
Pablo Neruda.