I figured out the warbler I was seeing. It was an Orange Crowned Warbler. I used Jonathan Pons pictures on smugmug to ID the bird.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Liza Loughridge" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Missouri Wild Bird Forum" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2011 3:37:34 PM
Subject: Scrivner CA Russellville, MO

Well when the fishing pole breaks it is a god thing to have a your binoculars with you, GRRR! The trip to Winegar lake at Scrivner wasn't a complete loss for the day. We were able to identify a few FOY birds for me. We parked at the parking lot by the lake and walked up the hill and found several Field Sparrows and Blue Gray Gnatcatchers. As I walked around the lake while the rest of the family was fishing I saw lots of little FOY birds.
More Blue Gray Gnatcatchers
Green Heron
Ruby Crowned Kinglet (with Red stripe showing)
Eastern Towhee
Bewick wren (heard only)
A yellowish warbler need help with id (muted yellow color was main color. had eye rings that were same yellow color. faint streaks on chest - much lighter than yellow warbler. Stayed in the lower brush above marshy wet grass on lake side. Sorry forgot my camera or I could have gotten lots of good pics)
I also saw and heard lots of Cardinals
Saw lots of Yellow Rumped Warblers as well.

I guess it was a fun productive trip even if I didn't get to fish.

Liza Loughridge
Jefferson City, MO