This is the third consecutive day that I have observed the four BLACK-NECKED STILTS at Horseshoe Lake, on the south side of Pettet Road off of 59 Highway just a little south of Saint Joseph, Missouri. Also at Horseshoe Lake were 18 HUDSONSIAN GODWITS. They were feeding just off of the far shore, flew up several feet (showing their distinct black and white plumage) and settled back down to resume feeding). I was able to detect one DUNLIN among some other smaller shorebirds which were too far away to ID.

Hundreds of AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN and DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANTS continue to be present on the areas oxbows. They seem to be trying to make up their minds whether or not to continue north!

Not too much around Muskrat Lake except to the double digit count of LESSER YELLOWLEGS.

WILSON'S SNIPE can be well seen (roadside) along Nelson (slough) Road south of Lake Contrary. A dozen or so FORSTER'S TERN were cruising Lake Contrary.

It was too windy to get very many little "dicky" birds, but I managed a few YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS and a few sparrows, CHIPPING, LARK and SAVANNAHS.

Before leaving home I did notice a BROWN CREEPER spiraling up a sugar maple tree trunk in our front yard.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
gcrownkinglet AT yahoo.com

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/