I had a message when I got home this afternoon from the Mgr. of Fountain Grove. He said there was a lot of Shorebirds and some Ibis down there. It was almost 6 p.m. when I got there, just in time to see a flock of 10 dark Ibis flying away. The annual draw down of the pool south of Hdqtrs has left a sizable amount of shallow water and mudflats around the new water control structure on the east side. There is quite a lot of dead vegetation in it though.There were 100's of Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs feeding, a few Dowitchers, and 1 Black-necked Stilt. In addition  there were lots of Coots, BW Teal, some other Dabblers, and a Hooded Merganser. A Peregrine Falcon strafed the area twice while I was there but didn't get anything. I also saw many GB Herons, about 30 Great Egrets, bunch of White Pelicans, a Bald Eagle, and a Kingfisher joining the feast. A real concentration of activity in a small area!  I may have to run back down tomorrow before or after work??

I had also received a message from Larry L. about the BNST over there.

I was at the Thompson River Wetland west of Chiilicothe earlier.The only things new out there was good looks at a Sora, and 2 FOY Spotted Sandpipers.

 Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.
ASM Spring Meeting: April 29 - May 1, 2011 in Kansas City, Missouri, http://mobirds.org/Meetings/sprmtg2011.asp