This morning there was one BLACK-NECKED STILT at Muskrat Lake and three of them at Horseshoe Lake. They do not often stop over in our neighborhood on their migrations.

Also at Horseshoe Lake was a flock of 34 FRANKLIN'S GULLS among the RING-BILLED and BONAPARTE'S GULLS.

Three HUDSONIAN GODWITS were on Horseshoe Lake as well, but all the ibises were absent.

Muskrat Lake yielded three SEMIPLAMATED PLOVERS and two female WILSON'S PHALAROPES.

I observed a dozen species of waterfowl which included: WOOD DUCK, BUFFLEHEAD, RUDDY DUCK, HOODED MERGANSER and NORTHERN PINTAIL.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
gcrownking AT yahoo.com

ASM Spring Meeting: April 29 - May 1, 2011 in Kansas City, Missouri, http://mobirds.org/Meetings/sprmtg2011.asp