This afternoon at Binder in the shorebird area I was stunned by the sight of a red duck among some blue-winged teal.  I went around to the shorebird blind and found that it was a cinnamon teal, or I was 99% sure it was. I found Rich George who also saw this duck and believes it to be this species.  Later, I got another look at the duck with the sun hitting his feathers and really showing the red in them.
He is dark red practically from one end to the other.
If you go to look at the duck, go to the shorebird blind just off Henwick.  Trying to see them from Binder Road is difficult.

Jane Frazier
Jefferson City
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/