Looks like a Swainson's Hawk to me!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Missouri

--- On Mon, 4/11/11, Frankie Cuculich <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Frankie Cuculich <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Swainson's hawk Big Creek Adair Co
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, April 11, 2011, 12:28 PM

I saw a hawk fling around at Big Creek CA this morning, thought it was a red
tail at first.  But as it got closer I told myself wait a minute.  I took two really
poor photos as it flew over me.  Swainson's hawk juv. Have a look and see
what you thank.  Cool, that is the second one I have see in Adair Co.  The
first was back in the 80's.  On to 1000 hills SP, in the pine grove there were 2
pine siskin, 2 pine warbler, 2 red breasted nuthatch, yellow rumped warbler,
orange crowned warbler, white eyed vireo, and parula warbler.
http://backwoodsfrank.smugmug.com

Frankie Cuculich
Brashear, Mo.
Adair Co