This morning, Mark McKellar and Ruth Simmons of the Backyard Bird Center in Kansas City, North, led an outing to Smithville Lake.  Although we had strong, sustained winds throughout the morning, we were able to see a nice variety of birds.  The highlight of the day was a Snowy Egret which we spotted at the first lake crossing on King Rd, which is just north of the intersection of Hwy F and Hwy W.   The number of Double Crested Cormorants on the lake today was amazing.  The list of the species our group saw and/or heard follows:
   Common Loons  ~5
   Horned Grebe - 1
   Pied Billed Grebes
   American  White Pelicans ~6