St. Louis Audubon is sponsoring a birding trip to Hawn State Park, Ste. Genevieve, MO on Saturday, April 9.

SINCE THIS IS PRIMARILY A HIKING TRIP, THE TRIP WILL BE CANCELED IF THERE ARE STORMS AT 6:30 am THAT MORNING.  CALL 314-359-9364 THAT MORNING IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE WEATHER.

This is an all day trip to one of our parks with the finest hiking trails in the state.  We will meet at the MODOT commuter lot on the southwest corner of the intersection of Hwy 270 and Gravois (Hwy 30), south St. Louis County, at 6:30 am.  We will caravan or carpool from this location.  If you plan to ride with another birder, please bring $5 to donate for their gas.  You can also meet us at the Hawn State Park park office around 8:00 am.

Plan for the day:  It is approximately a 1 hour drive to Hawn SP from the commuter lot.  We will hike most of the morning and picnic for lunch.  After lunch, depending on the time and weather, we will go to Pickle Springs to hike and bird.  We will return to the commuter lot around 4:00 pm.

What to bring:  You will need to dress for a variety of weather and wear comfortable hiking shoes.  You will need to bring plenty of water, your lunch, and snacks.   A light weight rain jacket or poncho would be handy to carry.

We hope to see many of our early migrants as well as the beautiful Spring trees and foliage that makes this area so popular.  If you have any questions, please e-mail me.

Pat Lueders, Trip Leader, St. Louis Audubon

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/