Ahhhh good old Joni Mitchell.
Perhaps her "Pave Paradise" says it better.
P.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Boyd
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:22 AM
  Subject: Re: How Much Money?

  Not by any means Eliotic, but apposite perhaps:-

  Rows and flows of angel hair
  And ice cream castles in the air
  And feather canyons everywhere
  I've looked at clouds that way

  But now they only block the sun
  They rain and snow on everyone
  So many things I would have done
  Clouds got in my way

  I've looked at clouds from both sides now
  From up and down, and still somehow
  It's cloud illusions I recall
  I really don't know clouds at all

  Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels
  The dizzy dancing way that you feel
  As every fairy tale comes real
  I've looked at love that way

  But now it's just another show
  And you leave 'em laughing when you go
  And if you care, don't let them know
  Don't give yourself away

  I've looked at love from both sides now
   From give and take and still somehow
  It's love's illusions I recall
  I really don't know love
  Really don't know love at all

  Tears and fears and feeling proud
  To say "I love you" right out loud
  Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
  I've looked at life that way

  Oh but now old friends they're acting strange
  And they shake their heads
  And they tell me that I've changed
  Well something's lost but something's gained
  In living every day

  I've looked at life from both sides now
  From win and lose and still somehow
  It's life's illusions I recall