A worthy read, indeed.  Thank you, CR, for alerting us to it.

JTWalsh (biblical lurker ... yep, still lurking...)

From: Ken Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, April 15, 2011 5:49:37 PM
Subject: Re: Sharing a reading: Shafts of sunlight

Chokh Raj wrote:
> it was time i shared a reading  here's one from the archives of guardian.co.uk:  Shafts of sunlight
> Jeanette Winterson  http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/nov/15/ts-eliot-festival-donmar-jeanette-winterson  refreshing
  I thought it might fall short of your one word description, CR, but it was indeed refreshing, as well as touching, clear-eyed, and with a generosity of spirit. A 16 year-old who reads through Murder in the Cathedral under those circumstances was bound to be somebody to take notice of. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ken A