Thank you to all the active contributors to the CACHE and SPARKS programs.  And a thanks and welcome aboard to new contributors.  Those first few times can be challenging when confronted with the choices and an often unfamiliar taxonomy.  It does get easier and faster!  If I can be of any help, please donít hesitate to email me.

Below is a list of conservation areas and state parks for which trip reports in April would fill in blank periods in the CACHE and SPARKS bird occurrence data.

Please consider a trip to one of these sites in April.  Grab a friend or two to share the gas cost and have a fun day!

State Parks (trips reports needed for any time in April)
  BENNETT SPRING, Dallas, Laclede Co.
  BIG OAK TREE, Mississippi Co.
  JOHNSONíS SHUT-INS, Reynolds Co.
  PERSHING, Linn Co.
  PRAIRIE, Barton Co.
  WESTON BEND, Platte Co.

Conservation Areas and time frames trip reports are most needed:

ATLANTA CA, Macon Co.
mid & late April

BOIS DíARC, Greene Co.
early April

BUSHWHACKER LAKE CA, Barton Co.
early April

HOLLY RIDGE CA, Stoddard Co.
late April

HUNNEWELL LAKE CA, Shelby Co.
mid-late April

PERRY MEMORIAL CA, Johnson, Pettis, Lafayette Co.
late April

PLATTE FALLS CA, Platte Co.
early April

PLEASANT HOPE CA, Polk Co.
early April

SALINE VALLEY  CA, Miller Co.
 mid-late April

SHAWNEE TRAIL CA, Barton Co.
all April

THOMAS HILL RESERVOIR, Randolph & Macon Co.
early & late April

WHETSTONE CREEK CA, Callaway Co.
mid through late April

YOUNG CA, Jefferson Co.
all April

Bodacious birding to all,

Edge Wade
ASM Conservation Partnership Coordinator