While birding Little Prairie CA outside Rolla, MO last evening I located the smallest grebe I have ever seen, I almost missed it sitting and bobbing along the shore, it was not much bigget than a floating softball. It was a Pied-billed Grebe you could not miss the marking on the bill or the white butt but in all my life I have seen such a tine grebe.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

Pablo Neruda.