Best idea yet! Marcia Hawk

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 28, 2011, at 4:32 PM, Frances Cramer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Best idea yet! I'll second this motion. Anyone else?

Frances Cramer
St. Joseph, Mo
Buchanan County

--- On Mon, 3/28/11, Margy Terpstra <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Margy Terpstra <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: four-letter codes- add to checklist?
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, March 28, 2011, 8:51 AM

I admit having the same visceral response as Anne Downing when I write the
bird's full name in my log every day. When the individual state checklists decide
to add a column specifically for the four-letter code, perhaps it will be easier for
me/all of us to learn them. If I were doing field work, I can see the importance
of getting them down quickly and potentially seeing more birds.

Has the Missouri Birds Records Committee ever considered this as an update to
the checklist?

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO
[log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]