This morning Ellen and I went to Lake Jacomo to see if we could re-locate the Common Loons that were reported yesterday. After a short scan of the lake at the north boat docks, we located both birds next to the docks. Both are in their breeding plumage and are very nice looking birds. We were also treated to one of them giving out their plaintive "yodel" that is so often associated with the breeding grounds. Very soothing........very nice!

Jim Zellmer
Blue Springs, MO
Jackson County
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/