Someone asked me if I did not have a finch feeder for the house finches.. Yes, I do have two finch feeders.
 The goldfinches eat there regularly. Sometimes the house finches also eat there.  The Carolina chickadee is able to grab a seed from the "weighted bar" feeder and get away, not causing any fuss.
  Perhaps someone out there might know why the house finches choose to challenge the cardinals for the sunflower seeds at that particular feeder.  There are also two other sunflower seed feeders..
   Just now at my tree with the suet feeders, there was two downy woodpeckers (a pair), a N. flicker, a Carolina wren, a N. mockingbird, and two E. starlings  (which were having the worst time of it). .

 Jane Allen
 St. Louis County
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/