I believe that was the year that the Rose-breasted Grosbeaks came down to feeders because the buds were killed in the tops of trees.  That was a good thing!  But as I watched for a male to appear at my feeders after days of rain (females had been around for several days already), I slipped on the slick deck steps and broke my shoulder.  After 5 hours in the ER and a long rather sleepless night, I noticed that  the beautiful male Grosbeaks showed up the next morning.  I enjoyed watching them for several days, with the help of pain meds......

Susan Eaton
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO., MO