Last year spring birding was tough through migration as the leaves had come out about a month early and nothing killed them back so seeing into the treetops was a pain.  As I look out my window at the 5+ inches of snow piling up and noticing all the  buds on the trees, I am thinking this could be like a few years back when a late freeze killed all the leaves and the trees had to regrow them, leaf out wasnt until late april/early may.

The snow I am sure has slowed migration numbers for the time being, and I am trying to figure out when the next spring day comes how I can take off work as I think the numbers moving through will be astounding once the warm sets back in.

Thoughts?

Clark Creighton
Wildwood MO