All:  I am cancelling this evening’s SLAS Woodcock and Owl walk at Young CA.  As I am sure most are aware, up to 3 inches of snow is forecasted by 6 this evening.  I live only a few miles away and it has been snowing here already for the last hour.  So, with regret, let’s play it safe and try again next year.

Joshua Uffman

St. Louis County, MO

From: Joshua Uffman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SLAS Woodcock & Owl Walk for Beginners - Young CA - March 26

All:

Sorry to be getting this out a little late.  However, Saturday, March 26, 2011, I will lead a fieldtrip sponsored by the St. Louis Audubon Society to Hilda Young CA (Jefferson County).

WHO CAN COME:  Members or Non-Members, however this fieldtrip is targeted for beginners.

CARPOOLING/ MEET:  Meet at 5:30 PM for caravan or carpool in the commuter lot in the southwest corner of I-44 and Hwy 109 (across from the QT).  Carpooling will be a must, there is very limited parking at Young CA.  So, we will meet first than carpool to the CA.  As a result, if you plan to attend, please e-mail me back letting me know.

DESTINATION:  Hilda Young CA, Jefferson County

TARGET BIRDS:  Early spring arrivals, American Woodcock, and whatever owl species we can get a response from.

WHAT TO BRING:

- enough Water/Drink for the evening from 5:30 to dark.

- snacks if you need them

- bins, scope if you have one, field guide

WEATHER:  This walk will be held rain or shine.

DRESS:  Shoes that you do not mind getting dirty, there will be walking and possibly some in tall grass or in muddy conditions.

LEADERS:  Joshua Uffman

If you have any questions or need further clarification, etc., please contact me at the below e-mail address or call:  314.387.8037

Hope to see some of you on Saturday,

Josh

Joshua Uffman

St. Louis County, MO