FOY Brown Thrasher in our St. Joseph, Mo. yard this morning. Quite a surprise since the temp. was a chilly mid 30's at the time.
Other FOY...1 Turkey Vulture on March 17 soaring the skies south of our home, then on
March 19 near the Missouri river northwest of town we observed a large flock soaring over the river bluffs.

At the Bean Lake cabin yard we have been having 20-21 species of birds each time we are there, including  3 Purple Finch (1male, 2 female) still there on March 13.
All the usual yard birds are there, and now ducks and waterbirds are showing up: including the Great Blue Heron, Wood Ducks, Mallards . The Blue Wing Teal arrived on March 23 as well as our Eastern Phoebe and FOY Turkey Vulture for the cabin list.
Many Eastern Bluebirds singing and using the water features...cleaned 5 houses and they are ready for occupancy. We had a good number of young last year and believe many made it through the winter, so hopeful for the same this season.

later,
Frances Cramer
St. Joseph, Mo Buchanan County
 and Bean Lake/ Platte County.