I got up before dawn this morning to get to a small farm pond north of
Kirksvlle.  I sat in the dark at the edge of the pond for about 30 min. before I
could see any movment.  As it got lighter I could see ducks swimming all
around.  Had a pair of goldeneyes wing in right over my head.  Talk about
whistling wings.  Shovelers were clicking thier little song.  There was 8 species
of waterfowl.  Blue winged teal, ring neck duck, mallard, bufflehead and
scaups.  Some of the scaups look like greater, but I've not seen one in
person.  They had the green head, which is not a good feild mark, and had a
little beefyer bill.  If some one can give some help on the ID it would be
great.  Here is the link to the photos.

http://backwoodsfrank.sugmug.com

Frankie Cuculich
Brashear, Mo.