I put up a nest box with a 1 1/8" hole about 10 days ago with hopes of enticing chickadees.  They have indeed been interested, and over the past several days I've noticed them going in an out of the box, although I haven't seen them with nesting material yet.  However, yesterday I noticed that they seemed agitated, and then I saw that a pair of ETS were perched next to the box, and one of them (the female, I think) went inside.   I don't mind ETS, but they are non-native, and I'd much rather have chickadees.  Any suggestions for discouraging them?  Is there a hole size that chickadees can use but ETS can't?

Tom Bailey
Kirkwood, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/