Apologies for not listing all the birds I saw at Bradford Farms and Vemers Ford
Rd on Saturday; I took a couple hundred photos...have not had time to upload
them yet;hundreds of Common Snipe, I am guessing 100+ of Amer. golden
Plover and at least 3 other species of shorebirds that I could not
identify..hoping the photos will assist in that.(will post on flickr);  Today I went
to the family farm in Texas county and was THRILLED to have one of my
brothers show me an AMERICAN WOODCOCK sitting on her "nest" with 4 eggs
under her!  I took numerous photos.  I, also, watched a pair of Eastern
Bluebirds working on their nest in one of the many bluebird boxes my brother
erected.
Other birds were a lifetime first of photos of Yellow bellied Sapsuckers; the yard
also had Downy's, red-bellied Woodpeckers.  Also viewed Chipping sparrows, 3
pr. of Cardinals, juncos, White breasted nuthatch, Robins.  IF any of you like to
float the Big Piney, I also saw a mature Bald Eagle near the Piney on hwy 32
between Success and Licking...3rd time  I have viewed an Eagle on this stretch
near the Big Piney.
 Can someone enlighten me on when the beautiful Yellow-rumped Warblers
begin migrating?  I had 10 in my yard on Saturday loving that homemade suet
(thanks again!) and I took another hundred photos probably:) Ialso had the
Brown Creeper in my yard, again, yesterday and a male Brown-headed Cowbird.

Final note; last Thursday(24th) at Eagle Bluffs, saw the Sandhill cranes, the
Horned grebe and the Hooded Mergansers in Pools 10 and 11; a few dozen
Greater/Lesser Yellowlegs at the main well housing , NW section.

Carol Weston
Columbia, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/