My family and I did some drive-thru birding of Eagle Bluffs this morning. I realize I need lots more practice on my shore bird identification. I got the Greater & Lesser Yellowlegs just fine. There was one That I could not figure out. It had a long straight bill, golden-ish color mostly to the top, when it would bend over the back appeared to have stripes similar to a chipmunk. I would love to hear if anyone else was there today. This kids were very excited with the hundreds of American White Pelicans. I got a life bird today with a pair of Hooded Mergansers. We saw many Ruddy Ducks, Blue & Green Wing Teal, Northern Shovelers, Lesser Scaup, Mallards. There were thousands of American Coots everywhere. We saw a few pairs of Canvasbacks and Buffleheads. There were also a pair of Bald Eagles in the "eagle trees".

All in all we had a good day birding. We have to come up with another name for American Coots. We call them Cooties and my youngest gets really aggravated.

Liza Loughridge