I do not have MS Word on my Mac.

I will continue to comply with the Mobirds rules, as I always have in
this matter.  I have always been a proponent of the premise that a
major purpose of the listserve is to communicate with birders at all
levels, especially birders who are willing and eager to learn more
about the fascinating world of birds and birding.

Using the code in the body of the message, when appropriate, is a
method of teaching the code to those who are willing to learn and
stretch their their comfort zone to become better birders.

Thanks, Kristi, for the review of the Crossley guide.  I'd just had
an off-list exchange about the use of the alpha code in field guides,
and am really pleased that the new one employs them.  The next
generation of birders will now have that as an integral part of their
birding learning curve.

More birding, less churlish caviling.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO