Blue Grosbeaks are common during the summer months along "T" Highway between Amazonia and Forest City. Also, for the last several years, I have been seeing them during the nesting season around Horseshoe Lake (Buchanan Co.) and Bluff Woods CA (that's Conservation Area) south of Saint Joseph.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO

--- On Fri, 3/25/11, Bill Eddleman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Bill Eddleman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: BLUE GROSBEAKS
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, March 25, 2011, 5:42 AM

As the volunteer who conducts that "sole" Breeding Bird Survey route, I can
state that after publication of the book, Blue Grosbeaks HAVE been counted.
I have detected them on a couple of occasions on the Mississippi River levee
part of the route.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau
ASM Spring Meeting: April 29 - May 1, 2011 in Kansas City, Missouri, http://mobirds.org/Meetings/sprmtg2011.asp