HI everyone.

I drive and bird just like everyone else, probably more that most, and like a lot of you I would rather bird than just about do anything, (just about being the operative words). This being the case I put the pencil to the problem..

Last week gas was $3.00 a gallon, let's say gas gets up to $4.00 a gallon . That extra dollar a gallon translates to .4 cents a mile seeing that my car get a little over 25 mpg. A 200 mile road trip cost me an extra $8.00. So how do I recoup my expense?

EX. A trip to Shaw Garden St, Louis to bird is 200 miles round trip. Now if I stop in at Trader Joe's and buy a case (12 bottles) of Charles Shaw Pinot Grigio at $2.99 a bottle compared to $6.99 a bottle for the same quality wine at my local Kroger I have saved &4.00 a bottle or $48.00 a case. I have now paid for six two-hundred mile road trips to bird and as a bonus I have two bottles of chilled Pinot Grigio waiting for me when I get home. See how easy it is!

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO
Pablo Neruda.