Some of the hawks and owls have begun nesting activities. Yesterday , I spotted a Great Horned Owl on a nest used by Red Tails last year near I-44 and 141 in Fenton.  Also, the Red Tail nest used last year near I-40/64 and Long Road in the Chesterfield Valley is being repaired by the hawks. A pair has been at the nest for the last couple days. Some of the nest blew apart during the winter so alot of rebuilding is needed. To see photos of these two nests, go to the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dpwagtail/sets/72157625943752633/detail/

The owl nest is especially good for photography as the tree with the nest is at the bottom of a slope. If you go to the top of this incline, you are slightly below eye level with the nest. It will be a nice place to observe the young later on this spring. If you would like specific directions on the location of this nest, email me off site and I will provide them.
Good luck and good birding,
Dave Pierce
St. Louis County

D. Pierce
Senior Dogs 4 Seniors
home:  636.458.1892
work:  636.532.0600 x3552
Bringing senior dogs and people together

 “To the world you are just one person; to a rescued pet you are the WORLD.”