I spent about 1.5 hours at RMBS, (St. Charles Co.) this afternoon, Feb. 20, pretty birdy, but nothing that has not been previously reported.

-          ~600 Snow Geese flying over, couldn’t pick out a Ross’s in the mix.

-          At least 16 Red-breasted Mergansers and 30+ Ruddy Ducks were the first I had seen at RMBS this year.

-          Adult male WHITE-WINGED SCOTER, clearly an Illinois bird, wayyyy out in the channel as seen from the observation tower.

-          ~10 Killdeer, first I have seen at RMBS this year.

-          First-cycle GLAUCOUS GULL, finally got this bird as a Missouri bird for the year, it was in Ellis Bay feeding on a dead carp straight out from the Fisca gas station.

Gulling over the next few weeks could be interesting with all the dead fish at RMBS.

Josh

Joshua Uffman

St. Louis County, MO

MO-Records:  www.showme-birds.com