I visited Mozingo Lake again this morning, and there is a nice large area of open water on the western side of the lake across from the campgrounds that has been harboring nice numbers of waterfowl all week.  Today however there seemed to be a little more variety than earlier in the week.  Hooded Merganser, Bufflehead and American Wigeon were new species at the lake (for the year) today.  I totaled 16 waterfowl species on the day at Mozingo.  I also observed my FOY Killdeer flying overhead through the campgrounds.  My full list is on CACHE.

I also visited Nodaway Lake CA and Bilby Ranch CA to see if there was any open water at either of these areas yet but both lakes are still 95% frozen over with no significant areas of open water.

http://mobirds.org/