Pardon the repost but I thought everyone might like to know.

Scott Laurent
Kansas City, MO

From: "John O'Brien" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: [log in to unmask]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 06:59:14 -0600
To: <[log in to unmask]>
ReplyTo: "John O'Brien" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [nfc-l] Bird Echoes on the Radars Early This Morning!

There have been substantial departures of wintering landbirds here on the gulf coast in the last week.  I heard my first nocturnal migrant on the evening of the 15th while walking the dog: a sparrow call most consistent with Fox Sparrow.  There are also some daytime movements of Cedar Waxwings.

In spite of a hard freeze just a week ago, it definitely feels like spring down here!

John O'Brien
Houston, TX