Al,

The map that you found is interesting, but disagrees with what we were told
a few years back when working on the first Least Tern Project.

At the time, John Cannon, a RMBS employee but maybe now retired, had gone
over the maps , the Lock and Dam construction data and took some
measurements and was certain that the line crossed the end of Ellis Island
as I described in my earlier post.   The map that you found shows all of
Ellis Island in Missouri and the line to be further out into the river
channel.

I'll try to take this up with Charley Deutsch to get the official Corps
position.  In reality, it may only be birders and insurance companies who
are worrying about the exact location of the state line.

John Solodar
University City
St. Louis County, MO